Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Braga Permai Restaurant

Braga Permai Restaurant

Last weekend me and my family went to Bandung for a quick getaway. On the final day we decided to have lunch in Braga Permai Restaurant. I had been wanting to have a full meal in this restaurant since college. I thought it would be very expensive to eat there since in its heyday Braga Permai, was Maison Bogerijen, was a restaurant for nobleman and functionaries.




Arriving at the restaurant, I was greeted by a friendly staff. The decoration and architecture is kept vintage to make the guests feel as if they have been through time travel. The set menu was various ranging from Indonesian, Chinese and European food. Things that I interested in was Thin Crust Pizzas, Desserts and Ice Creams. So I ordered all of those things. My family thought I was greedy. Well, when it comes to great food, my gluttony has no limit.



Okay, Bolognese Pizza. At the first glance it looks appealing and mouthwatering since they put so much minced meat and the mozzarella cheese melted and burnt perfectly. On the first bite I loved the texture of the crust. It was very crispy and tasty with a hint of flavor from herbs infused in the crust dough. After admiring the crust, the topping was the main highlight of the Pizza. Herbs used tingles my senses and the generous minced meat was still fresh and tasty. The melted mozzarella gave the chewy sensation and some savory flavor. Sweetness of tomato sauce enriched and amplified the flavors present in the pizza. Overall, it was a great pizza to eat. Of course it is not the food to eat when you're extremely starving.




For desserts I ordered Caramel-topped Choux and Rum Raisin Ice Cream. I had been wanting the Choux since I saw it in TV on a culinary show. It turns out it was hard to be disappointed. The Choux appearance was arousing my appetite since it was topped with real caramel, not the fake ones. I tried quite hard to cut the Choux but when I finally cut it, I could feel that the crust was somewhat different with other Choux. Apparently, it was a crispy Choux crust. And the whipped cream revealed its form. The cream was fluffy and very white. The taste of the crust combined with its caramel topping and whipped cream filling gave a funny sensation in my mouth. I loved the crispness of the crust, the bitterness of the caramel and the fluffiness of the whipped cream. But whipped cream was lack of taste. Chocolate and rum would help very much. Anyway, the Choux was a great dessert yet somehow the taste can be enhanced by adding chocolate and rum into the filling.



For the Ice Cream, I was astonished by the appearance. The ice cream was placed on a half of coconut. Then whipped cream added on top of the ice cream and chocolate syrup drizzled on it. The ice cream texture was a bit watery which made me ask the waiter. The waiter then informed me that the ice cream is home made which obviously made it lose its texture easily. The taste of the ice cream was excellent. It turns out the rum was added not in the ice cream mix but as a sauce. The ice cream itself was vanilla, strawberry and mocca flavored. The whole mixture turns out to be an incredible dessert to close my lunch.

Braga Permai is a restaurant which inherited Dutch colonialism atmosphere in Bandung. It serves great food and warm hospitality. The bill arrived and it shocked me with the low number I had to pay for such foods for noblemen. Great food. Great place.


Peta: SPBU Martanegara Asri - Braga Permai Restaurant

Sumber: http://epicfoodisepic.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment